Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Aliceopolis - for Team Cul de Sac

Cul de Sac is the best comic strip out there. I will always have that soft spot for Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes, but for the sheer wonder of discovering something new and unique, and crazy funny - Cul de Sac hits that spot. It hits that spot so repeatedly I think I've gone crazy funny from the impact, myself.

Part of Max Overacts is inspired by Cul de Sac, and its ability to throw a one liner into not just the final panel, but EVERY panel if Mr Thompson feels like it (which he often does), usually from Dil - who could out non-sequitur Ralph from the Simpsons any day of the week (which is why I wanted to do a strip with Dil in it). :)

Anyway, this is my piece I will be sending to Team Cul de Sac. (Details here). The art will be auctioned off to raise money for Parkinson's Disease research in association with the Michael J Fox Foundation - another hero of mine, starring in the movie I have watched most in my life - Back to the Future, as well as the Frighteners, Spin City, and so much more - I cried when he walked off into Central Park at the end of Spin City. Heck, Max's school in Max Overacts is called Alex P Keaton Primary School!



I encourage any other artists here to do something for the auction too. And if you don't have the first three Cul de Sac collections already, go straight to Amazon and buy them. Consume them. Love them. Then excruciatingly wait for more. :)

5 comments:

chris said...

This is beautiful. Can I post this on teamculdesac.blogspot.com? Thank you so much for helping us out on the project!

richardcthompson said...

Dang, I'm floored. Thank you!

caanantheartboy said...

Cheese guy - yes! Absolutely! I haven't sent the actual art yet, as I can't even afford postage for anything lately, but I'll finally be able to get it in the post this friday! Are you who collects the artwork at the other end?

Mr Thompson - Thank YOU! :)

chris said...

I am the guy with the big idea to do this. Mr Thompson was kind enough to be my Model. Caty is who collects the artwork. She is the saint who is the editor on the book.
Caty Neis
Andrews McMeel Publishing
1130 Walnut St.
Kansas City, MO 64106
cneis@amuniversal.com
816.581.7433
800.851.8923 x 7433

Chris Sparks
teamculdesac@gmail.com
828.230.0158

mloniewski said...

Wow, that was really really great! Very funny. You need to get this out there.